From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:01
To: ooo-...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS]: next step towards graduation

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
> I don't think deleting the files of the Symphony contribution is a
> constructive step.

You overstate things.  There is no IPR issue here.  The IPR is set by
the SGA.  The question is about updating headers, which neither adds
nor subtracts any rights anyone has with respect to these files.   It
is documentation work that should be done, yes.  But let's not make it
something it is not.

> Cleaning up the IPR will work for everyone.

And indeed it will be done, per the process, before this code is
included in a release.

> When can the ASF expect the letter from IBM that you have offered to request?

When I know I'll post that info.

-Rob

[ ... ]