On 27 November 2012 22:53, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 25/11/2012 jan iversen wrote:
>
>> a) In order to keep track of all php/apache/mysql changes to wiki, I will
>> make a directory "wiki-maintenance" in SVN on level with "trunk".
>>

> Which SVN? I wouldn't put it in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/openoffice/<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/>
> since it's already dirty enough (mixing the classic trunk/tags/branches
> with site pages, symphony and other stuff) and because the files you might
> copy there are probably under different licenses than Apache License 2.
>
> I agree we should have this stuff versioned (actually, all configuration
> files on the Apache infrastructure are versioned, but in distinct SVN
> repository). I'll check with Infra what's the best place for versioning
> configuration files and report back, provided I get an answer.

As far as I know, that is the only svn I have access to...and we do have
ooo-site in there, so it would be quite natural to have wiki as well. I do
not see the pollution you see, to me it is nice that all AOO stuff is in
one SVN, and that is nicely divided into distinct directories. When you
discuss with infra (as I already did) please remember to say that it is
application specific configuration files and NOT os/vm files.

I got the reply that is was a good idea to keep track of changes, and if
I/we do any changes to system files we have to notify infra. I have checked
on and they do have (of course) SVN for VM specific settings, but wiki php
files or mysql scripts, that is not part of their domain.

>  g) Make a test.wiki.openoffice.org. This can be done with a simple alias
>> in
>> apache conf, but should be done with a JIRA ticket.
>>

> We will also need to have the DNS entry created in that case. Again, a
> JIRA ticket is needed. And the test installation should be configured to:
> not send e-mails; have a .htaccess password protection so that nobody opens
> it by mistake.

Actually we do have a number of aliases on wiki at the moment that are not
in the DNS, which conforms with the normal dns rules, that just take the
upper part of the address (in this case wiki.openoffice.org) but all sub
parts are handled by the receiving apache server as a virtual host. Anyhow
I agreed with gavin to test it and file a JIRA ticket with either the
result or request a DNS change. Actually he suggested to consider having an
extra VM.

We need to have a place to test an upgrade, with mail, create user and
everything, otherwise we run a high risk when it is moved to production.
And I dont think anybody uses e.g. "test.wiki.openoffice.org" or "
solelyfortesting.wiki.openoffice.org" without actually wanting to use it. I
can easily have a local copy running on my machine (I already have) but
that is no test environment for production, for that more people need
access.

> And thank you everybody for your work on the wiki so far!

Thanks.