On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

> All is nice...at the moment I found 3 on wiki, and1 one on cwiki.
>
> The one on cwiki are the one we use on our buildbots (I think), but due to
> missing translations you cannot build.
>
> Furthermore the respin of 3.4.1 contains different languages than the
> buildbot...I assume the reason is  that the respin only contains completed
> translations.
>
> I have to take a deeper look how the buildbot can finish, with missing
> translations. At least I end up with a number of errors in sdext,
> complaining about invalid text strings.
>
> Could we not settle on having 1 (not all) instruction pr platform,
> preferable a copy of our buildbot for that platform om wiki.openoffice.org
> .
> That would not be a big job for our builders to keep updated, and quite big
> help for everybody else.
>
> rgds
> Jan I.

Until very recently, they were ALL on wiki.openoffice.org.

I am not entirely sure why different ones ended up on cwiki. Well, I think
it was done because this was somehow quickest to just say what options
worked for the developers most involved in the builds at the time.

I will take your word that the options seen on cwiki are the same as used
in the buildbots.

These should now be transferred to wiki. I share your concerns and
confusion however, and I too found several iterations on wiki.

Merging the build information would  be a good opportunity for a volunteer
interested in participating in documentation.

I'm assuming we would want the build guide to go here?

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

this is a link from:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

but I think leaving the landing page mostly as is is good since it provides
some useful information.