On 01/27/2013 12:30 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
Hi Kay;

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: Kay Schenk

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

  Hello Alan;

  My guess is that you are using a localized (non-english) environment, but
  JDK7 is also a know source of problems ih hsqldb.

  Hope that helps,

  Pedro.

A quick weird question on this...Is this partially due to the rather old
version of HSQLD we package -- 1.8? (in ext_sources)-- as opposed to newer
2.2?   Among other things...I am actually trying to investigate more of the
java issues, so this is why I ask.

This particular issue is rather easy to fix by patching the weird caracters. I
think
I will do that soon.

The java7 issues are due to the old version of hsqldb and we actually have two
options here:

1) Bring the hsqldb19 branch and update to hswldb 2.2.x.
2)  Wait for a new version of hsqldb that will be released towards the end of
month that will include backward compatibility.

OTOH, if you want to work on Java.. I have a bunch of patches that need
reviewing. Let me know :).

Pedro.

ha! :) OK...really I barely got started with this when I recently updated to java 1.7_11. Things did not work well with base after that. I did something that didn't help. According to messages, we seem (after my futzing -- I won't go into what that was at the moment...) to have a bunch of java calls that simply don't function...so, again, barely got started with this.

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                 -- Aesop