On 29.01.2013 16:41, Andre Fischer wrote:
Development of the sidebar is progressing well.  It already looks a lot
like the mockups posted by Xin Li on December 18th [1].  I have
concentrated on the underlying framework, so there is only one partially
migrated panel so far.  Nevertheless the framework is now flexible
enough to think about the default color scheme to use. There are
developer builds [2] and an extension that allow live evaluation of the
nine different color schemes from [1].

I would like to ask you to either look at the mockups at [1] or try the
developer builds [2] and tell me what color scheme you like best.
[...]
[1]
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Design_Exploration_-_Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_User_Interface_Design_Proposals#Task_Pane_Content_Panel_-_UX_Design_propoals

For the panel decoration I prefer the proposal A (Gradient Color Background) because the separator lines or the emboss effect add too much visual noise.

For the panel color scheme I prefer proposal 1 (Grey Title and Panel) because this panel is for setting properties which the other proposals don't convey. A gradient for the Title from dark grey to grey would be even better.

Herbert