----- Messaggio originale -----
> Da: Rob Weir

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

Now that I recall, I did indeed test that and had noticed some
strange errors but I thought it may be related with my systems'
libc (I am also an OS developer in my spare time).

> 0^0 now returns a #VALUE! error in Calc, breaking compatibility.
>
> 2^(1/3) which should be the cube root of 2 now returns 1.  This is
> mathematically incorrect and breaks compatibility.
>
> 2^(-1/3) which should be the reciprocal of the cube root of 3 returns
> 1 with Pedro's changes.  This is mathematically incorrect and breaks
> compatibility.
>
> -2^(1/3) which should be an error (returns #VALUE! in AOO 3.4.1) now
> returns 1 with Pedro's changes.  This is mathematically incorrect and
> breaks compatibility.
>
> -2^(-1/3) which should be an error (returns #VALUE! in AOO 3.4.1) now
> returns 1 with Pedro's changes.  This is mathematically incorrect and
> breaks compatibility.

The last 4 values would've been sufficiently technical to cause the revert
but I should be given the chance to revert it my self. in particular since
the change in

main/sc/source/core/inc/interpre.hxx

were correct cleanups.

Pedro.