On 26 February 2013 14:13, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/26/13 2:01 PM, janI wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Just a quick question for my understanding. can you use the SNAPSHOT tag
> on
> > a different revision level in a branch than in trunk ?
>
> you define exactly the revision you want to use on trunk or a branch. I
> see there no difference.

Yes, but you define the SNAPSHOT tag to a specific revision independent of
trunk or branch. In other words the SNAPSHOT tag cannot have revision x in
trunk and y in a branch.

> > I thought any tag was "global", and if that is correct we might want to
> > have another tag, so we dont mix branches/trunk.
>
> The idea is mainly to use the existing infra structure to build the
> SNAPSHOT tag easily on demand.
>

> > I am planning to do something similar for the l10n branch, where I expect
> > the po file generation to be available next week.
>
> I am not sure if I understand what you mean.
>
> My understanding is that we have limited resources on the build bots and
> that we should manage carefully what we want build regularly.

I am sure you know that aoo-w7ia2 (windows) is already being build every
day. L10n is also being build regulary.

> I would love to see a flexible mechanism where we can start on demand a
> build on revision xy from trunk or any branch and can download the
> results. It would help people to verify bigger changes on all platforms
> without setting up all environments again. Some prefer to work on
> Windows, others prefer Linux or Mac or BSD.

Me too, but that is not what I meant...the current snap build uses trunk,
and would need to be changed to use ia2, or alternatively we simply use the
build already in place.