On 08/03/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
That's exactly the issue.  The mailing list is so busy that new
volunteers get lost, and their patches as well.  And if they toss
their patches to bugzilla, the patches can easily be lost there was
well.  So the question is whether a dedicated place for patches, with
no distracting complications, would be preferred.

Maybe. But I would leave the decision to those who are actually handling patches. And, unless they prefer new tools, I would continue to store patches in Bugzilla and avoid yet another system, yet another registration for new volunteers, yet another workflow to learn.

Regards,
  Andrea.