Welcome there are many needs to update the guides for OpenOffice 4.0
and would be interested to have your writing skills.

If you look into the documentation wiki page you will see many guides
that are somewhat outdated as theiy point back to 3.3 version. The
task is create a user guide for the new 4.0 since 3.4.1 its already a
bit late and we are looking forward for 4.0.

There are other related tasks which you can help including a
development guide, marking up pages on the wiki and do some spring
cleaning for old documents.

Make sure you are in the documentation mailing list at
d...@openoffice.apache.org

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor