Hi,

I am a student from the Faculty of Engineering, Universtiy of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka who is currently in my 4th year (final year) majoring in Computer
Science and Engineering. I was a GSoC participant in 2012 for Creative
Commons and was able to successfully complete the assigned project[1].

The projects aim was to port an existing Java LibreOffice extension to
Python. So I have an understanding about the OpenOffice API and I've been
exposed to extensions development using both Java and Python for
LibreOffice.

I saw the idea of creating an OpenOffice Extension Plugin for Eclipse from
[2]. Although I don't have prior experience on writing plugins for Eclipse,
I think with proper guidance I achieve the goals of this project.

What will be your selection criteria for a GSoC student? Are there any
other things that I need to be aware of this project?

You can access my LinkedIn profile from [3]. It'll list many of my project
work and achievements.

[1]. http://code.creativecommons.org/viewgit/cc.libreoffice.git/
[2]. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-77
[3]. www.linkedin.com/pub/ishan-somasiri/25/bab/951