On Apr 11, 2013 10:01 AM, "Andrea Pescetti" <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/04/2013 Robin Fowler wrote:
>>
>> I think it's important to get the
>> priorities right here. In my opinion the priority is to have a
>> modern, good-looking and recognisable logo that the community has
>> chosen to be representative of their product
>

> I agree. And I would add: the project communication, in terms of presence
at events and press coverage, is not yet strong enough to be able to switch
to a totally new logo without leaving many users confused on whether they
installed the real OpenOffice or not. This is my main argument for
preferring a refresh to a complete restart.

+1 this is a very important point, we should in no way confuse our users
!!! openoffice it THE original package, lets keep it that way !

Now, I must say that the flattened orb does not seem more modern or nicer
to me, but probably I'm biased because I've always seen the flattened orb
as the "surrogate" to be used in low-quality prints...
>From a personal perspective I agree with the statement, todays printer can
handle not flattened images, and who prints nowadays (save the rainforest,
buy a tablet) ?

rgds
Jan I