On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 01:35:55PM -0500, jorge ivan poot diaz wrote:
> Hello Ariel,
> > may be you can simply
> > append a number when the name is already used, given "Blue 9": "Blue
> > 10", then if "Blue 11" is already used, increase it and try with "Blue
> > 12" and so on.
>
> Ok. I like this idea. How I can generate this number?

I leave this for you, as homework; it is simply an algorithm, nothing
specific to OO API nor C++, you could even find the algorithm using
python.

What I'm not sure is how generic this can be: will a RTL
language use the "Color N" pattern, or "N Color"? And some locales may
not use the Western-Arabic numerals used with the Latin script,
wikipedia shows http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Arabic_numerals and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_numerals

Regards
--