On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 05:20:38PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 16/04/2013 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshotfullsets
> >Linux builds are there too. The ARC column contains "archived"
> >installations, no need to install RPMs/DEBs, simply untar the archive.
>
> I tried
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.0_Linux_x86-64_install-arc_en-US.tar.gz and it
> crashes for me with
> $ ./openoffice4/program/soffice
> 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
> ./openoffice4/program/soffice: line 122:  [...] (core dumped)
> "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"

Strange, I got feed back that both archived tars were working fine (and
indeed I've just downloaded it, and works fine). Did you verify the
download, and check untar exit code? This kind of error on startup is
usually due to a configuration manager error with a broken installation.

> If I change UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/../.openoffice/4 in bootstraprc

there is no need to change that in archived tars, their AOO installation
is self contained.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile