The answer from Catincan is, a developer is someone who can commit changes
to the project.  "The person listing the project has to be able to have it
merged into the main branch or have the approve of a developer that can.
Our goal is to have all users be able to benefit from whatever features are
crowdfunded opposed to unsupported forks."

And the funding can go to either the individual or the project.  So someone
can kick off a fundraiser for himself to submit a change, or the AOO PMC
could perhaps kick off a fundraiser that'd be paid to the ASF.

Was there ever a page made about possible AOO-related business models?  I
thought there was a discussion about it.

Don