2013/6/7 Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>:
> On 05/06/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> Is there any facility in the upgrade wizard to put some additional
>> text, to warn the user of what will happen and what they need to do,
>> so we can avoid problems?  For example, what if we had a link to a web
>> page or wiki page where we explain?   For example, the upgrade dialog
>> could say:
>>
>> "You currently have 3 extensions installed (A, B and C).  These will
>> need to be reinstalled after the upgrade completes.  Most extensions
>> are available from http://extensions.openoffice.org.  More information
>> is here..."
>

> This seems a rather good solution, able to address the major concerns people
> have voiced here.

If this is something we care about we might give it a try to include
the necessary changes on the AOOE site. What I'm thinking about is to
manage OpenOffice 4 installations running on computers with OpenOffice
3 on board by informing end-users that the Extensions won't be
migrated but that at the address
http://extensions.openoffice.org/upgrade/400/[id-list] they will find
compatibility info, where [id-list] is the list of installed
Extensions.

Such page should be able to display all available info for those
Extensions, and more important versions compatible with AOO4. We'll
need to loop in Extensions' authors making easy for them to provide
such information.

How do you like that?

Roberto