On 10/07/2013 Regina Henschel wrote:
Transfer of palettes work. But that is a problem, because the new color
palette is not available. People might have customized palettes, with
colors for corporate identity for example. So transferring the palettes
is not wrong in general. Perhaps a merging of the palettes is possible
in future? Because of the short time till release I suggest to explain
the situation in a release note. The new default palettes are available
in a folder "User - Kopie" (for a German Windows 7).

Can we elaborate on this? We are receving reports that, depending on what you choose in "Transfer personal data", you get:
- Unchecked: the new palette is installed and works
- Checked: the new palette is invisible, the old one is shown, and not all color names in the old one are translated (perhaps since they got replaced)

If we can give some detailed user-friendly instructions in the Release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Notes
on how to import the new 4.0 palette after installation it would be great.

I'm not opening a Bugzilla issue since this seems more a documentation issue... What users will notice is that some colors have English names. And the answer should be "Please import the new 4.0 palette: [instructions]".

Regards,
  Andrea.