On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Sylvia Greenberg <sgreenberg...@me.com> wrote:
> Hello. My name is Sylvia. I live in Maryland. I am an experienced trainer and
> writer who uses technology daily, including Microsoft Office, iPhoto, iMovie,
> and GoogleDocs.
>
> My previous jobs include training adults in a business setting, training
> teachers in K-12 education, and software documentation. Now that my three
> children are getting older, I am looking for ways to write again and
> volunteering to document Apache OpenOffice seems like a good fit.
>
> Apache OpenOffice is new to me, but I have used, written about, and trained
> people to utilize similar software in the past. I use Macintosh at home and
> have easy access to a fast internet connection.

Hi Sylvia,

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

I see you have already started the "new volunteer orientation"
modules.  That should give you some background on the project.  As
you'll see we have volunteers working on many different things, from
programming to testing, writing documentation, answering user support
questions, translations, marketing, maintaining our servers, etc.

You mentioned an interest in documentation.  We do have a dedicated
mailing list for doc.  If you could subscribe to that mailing list,
and re-introduce yourself there, the other doc volunteers can brief
you on where we are with the AOO 4.0 User Guide.   You can subscribe
by sending a blank email to doc-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org.  Once
subscribed you can send emails to d...@openoffice.apache.org.

Regards,

-Rob