Hi Jake,

excuse my top posting, I am sending from my phone.

That sounds good and the project can always benefit from new volunteers. And
COBOL is of course not used anywhere in our code ;-)

I don't have the link to the building guide in place but I recommend that you
start to build OpenOffice on your own.

After that you can start to debug and learn the code by just stepping
through.... It's normally C++

Then you can look which areas are most interesting for you and pick an issue
that you try to analyze and fix...

For any kind of question come back to the list here.

Juergen