Clarence,

The configure script uses flags and env vars to discover the root dir for
the VC install, which is why it's reporting it as found. ./oowintool is
relying on you path being set to pick up cl.exe. You can fix that by
changing your path in Control Panel/System/Environment Variables, or by
running vcvars32.bat from the VC dir tree before you launch the configure
script.

Cheers
John