On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 10/13/2013 12:55 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>
>  On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM,<carvalho....@sapo.pt>  wrote:
>>
>>> Good night,
>>>
>>> I can not download the file, the following message appears:
>>>
>>> The "/4.0.1/binaries/pt-P..n_x86_**install_pt.exe" file could not be
>>> found or
>>> is not available. Please select another file.
>>>

>> I see the same error when downloading from the Portuguese page:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/pt/**download/<http://www.openoffice.org/pt/download/>
>>
>> The language is coded in the script as:
>>
>>   var NL_LANGUAGE = "pt-PT";
>>
>> Any ideas, Marcus?
>>

> The download link is assembled as:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/**projects/openofficeorg.mirror/**
> files/4.0.1/binaries/pt-PT/**Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_.<http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/pt-PT/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_.>
> ..
>
> So, with "pt-PT" as sub-dir name. But this is missing on the Sourceforge
> mirror which is IMHO wrong. There it is just "pt":
>
> https://sourceforge.net/**projects/openofficeorg.mirror/**
> files/4.0.1/binaries/<https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/>
>
> I don't know if it's possible to rename sub-dirs on Sourceforge and what
> then will happen with mirror synchronization, so I won't do it.
>
> The fastest solution for now is to set:
>
> var NL_LANGUAGE = "pt";
>
> which I've done now.
>

> @All:
> As we have some languages with regional differences like Portuguese (pt-PT
> and pt-BR), Chinese (zh-CN and zh-TW) and English (en-GB and en-US) we
> should start to show always also the region code to make sure which one is
> exactly meant. Just to write "pt" is IMHO not helpful.
>
> Marcus

I don't remember the original legacy naming for OpenOffice binaries, but
maybe this one has always been just "pt". There seems to be a "pt-BR" as
well looking at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.1/binaries/

But, if the "standard" has changed to "pt-PT", we should change as well.

We need to conform with what the browsers are returning.