Hi Juergen;

I am just catching up with some old mail but thank you for the interesting report.

Just as an external observer and reminding that IANAL, the LO/TDF doesn't seem to be complying with the Apache License section 4 subsection (d) and is misinterpreting on purpose subsection (b).

The so-called "rebasing" was obfuscated on purpose, probably with some level of paranoia, to avoid making clear which code is under an Apache License and which is not. It was not surprising to find that at least one CWS, not included in AOO, was "relicensed" and mixed with other arbitrary license swapping.

Using public funding for opensource projects is great but it involves all the parties working responsibly. I just think that given the situation of uncertainty of the results and the general lack of collaboration from one group it just doesn't make sense for both projects to work together.

It's not all bad though: While LibreOffice seems to be a place to run experiments, AOO is setting the new standards that get widely adopted.

Just my opinion though ... I am always glad to be proved wrong.

Pedro.