Am 24.12.2013 13:50, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 17/12/2013 Andre Fischer wrote:
By the way, I have uploaded the patch that applies to AOO 4.0.1 en-US to
people.apache.org. It is available as
http://people.apache.org/~af/openoffice.msp

Thanks for this and for the excellent documentation on the wiki. If you can provide test patches for the few most downloaded languages (fr, de, it, es, ja, ru...) we can call for testers for those too.

Will do, in the new year when I have access to my developer machine again.

The personal people.apache.org space you are using is perfect for this kind of builds.

Note, that it is not applicable to any 4.0.1. It has to be one installed
from the officially released installation set.

Just to make it clear, you are simply saying that the patch will apply to the official 4.0.1 (in the matching language) as downloaded from the openoffice.org site, right? I.e., you are excluding home-made builds and similar scenarios, but as far as a user downloaded OpenOffice from the official site (in the matching language) he should be fine.

Exactly. Reason is that a patch has to match the program it patches exactly (otherwise the binary diffs could not be applied). The match is verified with the help of GUIDs which change with every release. In the future we will remember the GUIDs of past releases (I have created the file instsetoo_native/data/releases.xml for that).

-Andre

Regards,
  Andrea.