On 12/28/13 7:59 PM, jan i wrote:
> On 28 December 2013 19:52, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
>> wrote:

>>> In general I agree with the schedule, but what strikes me here is the 2
>>> months between the translation deadline and the RC1. I know the
>> integration
>>> work takes time, but 2 months seem excessive. This would mean that a
>>> translation completed in February must already wait for the (possible)
>>> language update release.
>>>

>> In this time period we also have a public beta release.  That is the
>> where the additional time goes.  If we want translations in the beta
>> (why wouldn't we?) then we end up with a schedule like this.
>>
> I think a beta is a good idea, could we please agree to name it something
> like beta1 to differentiate it from RC1, which is something internal to me.

>> perspective.
>>>

>>> We are now at 4 new languages at 100% (bg, da, nb, th). Even if your
>>> proposed schedule (new version) is respected, this means that Danish,
>> that
>>> was completed back in October just after the 4.0.1 release, would stay
>>> unreleased until April. Thanks to your and Herbert's work we will have
>>> snapshots available for those languages from the buildbots in a couple
>> days,
>>> so most of the integration work has already been done. Wouldn't it make
>>> sense to release 4.0.1 in the additional 4 languages in January, to avoid
>>> the 6-months gap?
>>>

>> This sounds like a good idea to me, a language refresh like we did with
>> 3.4.1.
>>

> If I remember right, we did not make a new version, just release the new
> languages (incl. danish) for the same version.

exactly, we released the new languages (full install + language pack)
and an updated source release including the sdf files for the new languages.

We can of course do that as soon Pootle is talking to me again
(INFRA-7160, potentially an upgrade problem). If we do a language only
release we should include Hindi which is UI complete as well.

Let's pick up this again when Pootle is working and I can synchronize
the latest updates for this new languages.

Juergen