On 23/01/2014 Roberto Galoppini wrote:
Time by time we receive end-users' requests asking why extensions. and
templates. don't run under HTTPS.
If we want to, SourceForge would be happy to install such certificates.
Thoughts?

It would make sense to have HTTPS on both those sites.

Infra managed all of this internally so I don't know any details, but we now have a certificate for *.openoffice.org that we are using on the wiki and forum. Of course, the difference is that wiki/forum are hosted internally, and I believe it's impossible, for security reasons, to make that same certificate available for extensions and templates, which are hosted externally.

I suggest that we proceed as follows: if there is consensus that it is a good feature to have HTTPS on Extensions and Templates, we will contact Infra and ask what to do (maybe the project should create two separate certificates covering only extensions.openoffice.org and templates.openoffice.org and hand them over to SourceForge to apply them; but honestly I don't know).

Regards,
  Andrea.