On 02/09/2014 04:27 PM, jan i wrote:

On 9 February 2014 19:52, Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com <mailto:missywarn...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    Thanks, Andrea.  I appreciate you sharing this with the OpenOffice
    dev list.  As it turns out, LF is taking care of creating the
    speaker templates.

I dont hope it will be mandatory to use the LF templates, but merely a recommendation.

No, we've never made it a requirement to use a particular template. Creativity is a good thing. Having a standard template saves some folks some work, to be sure. However, lots of folks use other tools to write their presentations, and can't use the template anyway.

--Rich

rgds
jan I.

    Have a great rest of your weekend!!

    ~M

    ________________________________
     From: Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org
    <mailto:pesce...@apache.org>>
    To: apachecon-disc...@apache.org
    <mailto:apachecon-disc...@apache.org>; dev@openoffice.apache.org
    <mailto:dev@openoffice.apache.org>
    Cc: e...@apache.org <mailto:e...@apache.org>
    Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2014 5:06 AM
    Subject: Re: Speaker Slide Template

    I'm forwarding the request below to the OpenOffice dev list. It
    would be
    nice to have a slides template for the coming ApacheCon in Denver
    (deadline for template: February 14).

    For ApacheCon 2012 and 2013 templates were created by volunteeers on
    this (OpenOffice dev) list and are available at

http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/apachecon-europe-2012-presentation
    http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/apachecon-north-amaerica-2013

    Any volunteers?

    Regards,