Am 03/08/2014 12:20 AM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:
Am 03/07/2014 11:13 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Andrea Pescetti<pesce...@apache.org>
wrote:

Marcus (OOo) wrote:

Am 03/07/2014 09:02 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:

To start, we should definitely mention it in
https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

This file is outdated. Better to put it to the "checksums.html" which
directly linked from the download webpage which I've done now.

Oh yes, checksums.html is much better, thanks.

Of course I had found the former through a search engine... which leads
me
to think we should kill
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html it and replace it
with
a one-line page, linking to
http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html . Does it make sense?

Or we can delete the page we don't want and I can request its removal
from the Google index.  That would be simpler, unless we have a lot of
3rd party links to the old page, which I doubt is the case.

Do you have any statistics (page hits) about the webpage? If not, then I
also favor to delete it from the index.

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

This gets around 90 visits per day, almost all are referrals from
Google searches.

One external page linking in is this Nintendo Wii discussion page (!?):

hamburg-forum.com/board10-hamburg-forum-allgemein/board17-technik-telekommunikation/361-nintendo-wii-prüfsummen-iso-images/

A post in a forum from 2007.

Also:
techrepublic.com/blog/it-security/use-md5-hashes-to-verify-software-downloads/374/

A blog post also from 2007.

Nothing important that would justiy to keep the webpage.

Marcus