Am 03/12/2014 08:40 AM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
On 11.03.2014 20:38, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 03/11/2014 12:05 PM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
Members of our QA team requested a clarification of the "Version" field
used in our bugzilla instance. There are other terms that could need
some clarification too.
[...]
The help text for "operating system" should be changed from
"The operating system the $terms.bug was observed on."
"The operating systems the $terms.bug can be observed on."
because AOO problems are often impacting multiple platforms.

What about to write "All operating systems the ...? Then IMHO it is even
more clear that more items can/should be chosen.

Bugzilla's "operating systems" selector currently doesn't allow the
choice of multiple items. In my experience this is quite sufficient:
Most bugs/features are platform independent and if not then usually
either a whole platform family (e.g. "all Windows", "all Unix") or a
very specific platform (e.g. "Windows Server 2003") are impacted by the
issue.

OK, maybe not the best wording. ;-)
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I meant that the user can then understand better that all affected OSs have to be considered.

If he sees the issue on his WinXP system, then it's likely a "Windows, "All" issue. So, he should consider to choose this item - to cover all other Windows OSs, too.

Marcus