On 3/17/14 1:16 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
> No links to snapshots from the website. It is ASF policy.

it is a somewhat strange policy where the automated generated page is
public available as well, isn't it?

> No advertising of snapshots, but we can let developers know on this list.

where exactly is the difference to link to it from here the list , the
wiki or point on the public available auto generated overview page?

But in general I am no friend of linking to many builds and where we get
even more confusion which build is used by whom. As long as we produce
the official snapshots manually I would prefer to link to them only and
keep the build bots builds.

When we have linux build bots with the correct baseline, a windows bots
equal to the release build machine and a working Mac bot we can for sure
move over to the build bots for general usage.

People who are interested in these are normally following this list as
well. And for all others where we are interested in feedback we do a
blog post and promote the builds like the Beta where we have 138,000
downloads since last Monday.

Juergen