Top posting.
Andrea commented the JIRA ticket and a patch will be added. Thanks!

Hagar

Le 30/03/2014 18:41, Hagar Delest a écrit :

Le 26/12/2013 09:35, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
On 25/12/2013 Hagar Delest wrote:
I've noticed that the default option for mail notification was set to
No! This must be an error.
The "Notify me upon replies by default" should be set to yes for all new
registration.

I support the change too. It happened to me recently, a couple times, that I had to go
back and re-edit a reply just to tick the "Notify me" checkbox.

I suspect that many users are not aware that their question has been
answered.

This is a good point, and one that I hadn't actually considered. Probably users
indeed expect to receive notifications out of the box, so they won't go and
check the checkbox like I did. And they will miss answers and we will miss
their feedback.

imacat, I cc you directly because this is a key feature of a forum

For the record, I had a look but my permissions on the VM (that should NOT be
changed now, while we are in the middle of a discussion on how to rearrange the
VM maintenance!) do not allow it: I can't get the MySQL connection parameters
that would be needed to run the query that would fix it for existing users.

Well, three months later, 2 JIRA tickets were opened (#7173 and #7286) and the
conclusion is : won't fix...

So if it cannot be changed with a mere code tweak (0 to bet set to 1) because
it's forbidden by Infra, is it at least possible to install the php mod?
Do I need to open a new JIRA ticket for that?

I'm rather surprised (and disappointed) by current situation. If AOO project
does not care about the main user support channel, how can it claim to be user
focused?

Hagar