Am 04/28/2014 10:30 PM, schrieb Tal Daniel:
On Mon, Apr 28, Marcus wrote:

Am 04/28/2014 06:00 PM, schrieb Tal Daniel:

[...]Looks nice and more compact, Marcus. [...] I'd like to suggest to
drop the [redundant] line "Click here to download for:" in the green box,
and the

line "Choose an OS, then the language" in the gray box, which you added

This sounds like you suggest to combine the green and grey box. Do I
understand it right?

No, just thought to remove texts that are too trivial/obvious.
Combining the boxes, as others suggest, could work too, if you're afraid
that people won't find the "download other versions" link.

Ah, understood, I added this because I thought of the opposite. ;-)
And to make clear to first choose an OS, then a language because it didn't worked the other way around. But I've removed it for now.

As suggested I can try to activate the next droplist only when the previous one is filled. Then the text is indeed no longer needed.

Regarding the text in the green box, this should be kept as I've recently added "(hosted by Sourceforge.net)" [1].

This is to make sure that the users know that the download finally comes not from an OpenOffice or Apache server but by our hosting partner Sourceforge.

I would like to give this a try for some weeks to see if we still get complains or not.

[1] See the mail tread "Adding "from SourceForge" to download page" a few days ago)

Marcus