On 4/30/14 12:28 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 04/29/2014 07:57 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
>> wrote:

>>> However, from the view point of a normal user who just wants to
>>> update to
>>> the next version, it would be confusing why no localized install file is
>>> available anymore.
>>>
>>> So, from my side a clear +1 to keep these languages.
>>>
>>> How much we allow to be under 100% is just a question of definition (and
>>> agreement). ;-)
>>>

>> We want quality releases.   % translation is part of quality, of
>> course.  But there are other aspects as well.  Certainly looking at %
>> completeness is easy for to measure, but it is not necessarily the
>> best criterion.
>>
>> We want to avoid a situation where a translation is rushed and done
>> poorly, in order to meet an arbitrary % goal.  I'd rather have a high
>> quality 95% than a low quality 100%.
>
> You should have replied to my other mail. ;-) It seems we have the same
> direction of the vision.
>
>> Of course, PMC members do not know all languages.  So we need to rely
>> on the translators and the local community.   Maybe we can make a
>> criterion from that?
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> If a translation is more than X% complete, AND if that language was
>> downloaded in the beta release more than Y times, AND the RC was
>> reviewed by the translator and Z other community members to vouch for
>> having usable level of quality, then we include it in a release.
>
> Yes, sounds good.
>
>> Or some other way of having the local community take ownership of
>> making this decision.
>
> What about to include another AND:
>
> AND ZZ the language has recent activity on Pootle.
>
> Even when the language is a bit far away from 100%, with activity on
> Pootle we can be sure (somehow) that the language is maintained.

we should first streamline the process and have a better integration
process in place. Currently I am doing all then work but I am not
interested in doing more.

I will continue to integrate new languages and merge language back from
time to time but better would be if genlang can be finished (and I am
sure Jan needs help here and volunteers are welcome) or somebody else
steps up to support me ;-)

Juergen