Anyone out their willing and able to assist with this issue? We are not making
any progress.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herbert Duerr [mailto:h...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:12 AM
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: Re: Extension Manager Add Crashes

On 16.04.2014 01:16, Steele, Raymond wrote:
> Why do you mention the Solaris Sparc UNO C++ bridge below. Is it related to
> the x86/intel bridge. I am running Solaris 11 x86_64.

Ah, ok. Looking at the directory main/bridges/source/cpp_uno there is no UNO
bridge yet for Solaris Studio on a x86-64 CPU. But apparently your compile got
through, so in order to know where to tweak you need to find out which bridge
was actually used. Then you can adapt it to your platform (operating system,
compiler, cpu architecture, ABI).

As I mentioned the platform independence of AOO's UNO subsystem was
unfortunately not designed in e.g. by using plain programming language
constructs or using portable mechanisms like C-linking. Getting a bridge to
work was accomplished by brute force :-/ (reverse engineering the vtable
layouts, symbol mangling, calling conventions, implementation details of
exception handling, etc.) but if we're lucky a few tweaks to the currently
active bridge could suffice.

For an idea on what tweaks might be needed please check the evolution of the
related x86-64 bridges for Linux, FreeBSD or MacOSX.

Herbert