On Fri, 9 May 2014 15:47:06 -0400 (EDT)
shakeit60...@aol.com wrote:

> Hi I'm Persey Harris.  I am a homicide investigator and  I've used your
> service for quite some time.  Recently I had an issue where  I was in the
> process of actually drafting a homicide report when suddenly some  one sent a
> virus to my computer and destroyed the hard drive.  Therefore I  am asking if
> you can help me to retrieve my files?  My e-mail address is
> _shakeit60000@aol.com_ (mailto:shakeit60...@aol.com)  and I'd greatly
> appreciate your help.

If your drive hasn't been cleared of the virus, you might try the online
scanning service
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

When it has been cleared of the virus, you might try using utilities Recuva or
Photorec (Google for their master sites - these are the best sites from which
to download) to search for erased files.

These utilities are slow (but thorough). Depending on drive size, they can take
several hours (sometimes overnight).

Virus recovery is not a function of OpenOffice or of this list, but I offer the
above suggestions in good faith.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>