On 05/20/2014 10:46 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Tal,

>> > Ariel, I'd be glad to work better with Django templating, may I'll
>> > give it a try and incorporate a {% foreach ... %} on a languages array
>> > that I'll create. But I may need your assistance with the view.pm
>> > code, to redirect to other pages [without Javascript?!].
> I'm not sure if you can redirect without javascript on an HTML form,
> searching in google may help; anyway I was suggesting to move all that
> hard-coded list of languages out of the template; for example, you can
> create a CSV file with the data, process that file on view.pm, and feed
> the template with the data; that way, you only need to modify view.pm
> and the brand template once, and every time the language list changes,
> you only have to modify a CSV text file, which is easier to maintain and
> less error prone. You can see the live example on the foundation main
> site, where the content that seems dynamic is just generated at build
> time; the same approach could be used on the download pages, which are
> hard to maintain and a nightmare to translate; or even to generate the
> localized sites, all with same look and feels. (The main problem is that
> only Dave Fisher knows that stuff; if you are willing to learn, it will
> be very helpful for the project :) ).
>

> Regards
> -- Ariel Constenla-Haile La Plata, Argentina

I would strongly suggest that "live" changes not be made to view.pm or
path.pm. There are instructions on how to set up a "local"
environment/implementation of the AOO website complete with downloading
and using the needed CMS files on the following page --

http://openoffice.apache.org/website-local.html

This requires setting up an (Apache) webserver on your local box, and
other requirements.

Most of us doing more complex changes use this approach, and is really
necessary when dealing with the view.pm and path.pm files which affect
rendering to the whole site.

This advice aside, it would be very nice to have some additional
expertise on the use of the Django templating process used by the CMS.

- --
MzK

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                               -- Helen Keller