You can download the software to your Chromebook. But I think that is not your real intention.

Chromebooks [1] don't have a traditional operating system but the Chrome OS. As far as I know it is a special version of Google's Chrome browser.

To be honest, I don't know if OpenOffice can be installed on Chrome OS as I'be no experiences with this. OpenOffice is a desktop software developed for Windows, Linux or Mac. But Chrome OS is developed for web-applications, So, both don't fit together. But if you like you can try it. :-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromebook

HTH

Marcus