On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:03:22 -0700
Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:52:01 +0100
> > "Gordon Culling" <gordon.cull...@metronet.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Open Office 4.1.1 will not download (Key not valid to current state)
> > > The installation files have downloaded but there is no shortcut to open
> > openoffice.
> > > Also I can no longer access previous version so I appear to have lost
> > all my files.
> > >
> > > Regards Gordon Culling.
> >
> > This problem was solved for some users in this thread:
> > https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=71850
> >
> > For developer information: a quick search suggests it may be caused by
> > RSACryptoServiceProvider and/or by an attempt to download to a prohibited
> > locality; however in the cited thread it is claimed by several posters that
> > deleting Windows update KB 2918614 cures the problem
> >

> What IS " Windows update KB 2918614"? and why does this cause problems for
> installation?

Who knows what any Windows update does, Kay? All I can say is that several
users reported that its removal fixed  the "key not valid in current state
message" and permitted the installation of OO4.1.1 on Windows 8.1. One of the
posters in that thread mentioned that it also permitted a Java update.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>