On 09/07/2014 02:56 PM, Marcus wrote:
> Am 09/07/2014 11:34 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

>>> the footer is actually looking good and the graphic fits pretty well
>>> (size and layout).
>>>
>>> However, it's on the bottom and for such temporary and visibility-needed
>>> things not the best location. Therefore I've created 2 test webpapges:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/index_asfcon.html
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/index_asfcon.html
>>>
>>> Simple layout but it could be aligned more to the general page design.
>>>
>>> What do you all think?
>>>
>>> Marcus
>>
>> On both of these, what I see is that the notice is being partially
>> covered by the blue navigation areas.
>>
>> Generally, I think this notice would be better on the home page than
>> other pages.
>> Any chance we could relocate this to the bottom area maybe between the
>> W3C  button and the end of the right side navigation element?
>
> I wanted to bring the attention to the top - away from the bottom.

I'm just wondering if the top is too busy already for this addition.

> Sure, it would be possible to put it there. Do you still see an
> advantage to have it a few pixels higher than instead of leaving it in
> the footer?

I would need to see both versions before I could answer this I think. :/

Also, maybe see (random, I didn't look at all sites):
http://libcloud.apache.org/
http://maven.apache.org/
http://ofbiz.apache.org/

for additional placement ideas. I am liking the News column idea of
OFBiz actually.