Mathias Röllig wrote:
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/index_asfcon.html

Marcus' latest version looks much nicer than my earlier attempts; maybe we can add some text like changing the first line to "ApacheCon Europe 2014 - The official Apache conference" to make it clearer for visitors, but small fixes can be done at any time.

I think
http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/images/*
and
http://www.openoffice.org/images/*
will be merged.

The "Publish" operation of the website makes the copy, indeed.

I suggest 2014-eu-234x60.png also copy to this directory or it should be
linked from there.This bypass the predefined adblock filter.

This is being discusses on the community-dev list, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201409.mbox/browser
but indeed we can use a local copy for both the banner on the home page and the one in the footer while the issue is being solved.

Regards,
  Andrea.