> On 10 Dec2014, at 15:01, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>> There are other issues, too, like licensing, metrics, and general community
>> governance.
>
> Note that FOSDEM talks have a requirement to be technical. We had to reject a
> interesting submission about community metrics in the past since FOSDEM is
> not the place for it.
>
> I can look up details if you wish, but this is one of the few constraints
> that FOSDEM places on track content and it is the reason for
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/call_for_talks_open_document
> to explicitly ask for "technical talks”.

Right; but at the same time, there are other options besides talks; and,
besides, there are groups on licensing and metrics, as I mentioned, going. The
community metrics is related to Bitergia. Licensing is related to CC and
others. (FWIW, I’ve participated at several Fosdems. I know the score and also
that its an evolving quantity.)

… and just saw that Simon echoed my point re Bitergia.

Good idea, btw, to look at what is already accepted rather than accept defeat
before any venture, no?

Louis