Hi Aron,

aronsoyol schrieb:
Thank you

My question is, why do you want such document?

Because user want an independent manual(or guide book). Like this
https://www.openoffice.org/support/books.html

But those books in amazon are 1,not translated 2,may be licensed 3.not
editable (we did some hack,and we need to explain what is different from
original openoffice) , 4. not correspond to newest version of OpenOffice.

So I think it is probably good to just convert help contents to an editable
document. Or is there any easiest way else to do this work?

Thank you very much and best regards.

If you accept to work under Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY) [http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/], then you can start with those tutorials provided by ODF Authors [http://www.odfauthors.org/]

The latest version for OOo is on https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT. But that is without sidebar.

You should look at the versions for LibreOffice too. [http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/] There are differences to Apache OpenOffice and you will need to adjust it, but it might be faster than starting from scratch.

If you will provide one book, then "Getting Started" will be suitable.

Which is the target language? Perhaps there exists already some translations. Have a look at http://www.libreoffice.org/community/nlc/

Kind regards
Regina