+1

[orcmid]
And because the Windows native development tools (as of VS 2008) are used
from within that environment, it gets very weird and is also rather brittle.

> My ideal tool chain would be:
>
> Open and extract-all on a zip file OR do an SVN checkout.
>
> Open an appropriate IDE and load the project description file.
>
> Build.
>
> Run.

[orcmid]
I think that is very important to strive for if we are to attract and
sustain development for the platform which is overwhelmingly (87%) used by
our end-users based on the only measures we have.