On 28.10.2016 20:45, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
Hello Peter,
Hello Ariel,

This does not seem to be the first priority for delivering a signed
macOS application, I can think of:

1) do you have a Mac?
I own a Macbook Air model 2009. Today its a Mac OO QA instance, when I find the time for this activity. I do not use it for anything else.
2) do you build AOO in a Mac?
I currently try to build AOO on Linux. Since I believe it is easier then to fight with the Apple rubbish at the same time. But when I can build OO on Linux, I will try to build on Mac and Windows. Currently I have problems with building OO at all. But I learn a lot about the build infrastructure. (You always learn when things are not working. My gentoo experience ;) )
3) do you know the AOO source code and build environment enough to
    integrate as a part of the build process the signing workflow
    currently supported by the ASF?

3)
3.1) I think basic understanding of the Code and Architecture of OO. It is sufficient to understand where I am stuck and to find ressources on the topic. 3.2) I have a rough understanding how the build Process works. I am still trying to understand it thought. It is not enough to successfully build at the moment however.
3.3) No I have no clue on what it takes to integrate the signing Process.
These prerequisites are not trivial, our build process is already too
cumbersome to make integrating
https://reference.apache.org/pmc/codesigning appear as something
trivial.

That sounds like we need a different build process first :/ - Well, No Problem. I was thinking the same today. ;P However I think that stuffing something at the end, is pretty trivial, compared to stuffing something at the beginning. But as I said above I have no clue. Maybe I am a bit naive here. Currently I try to work around something in the Middle. Most interesting and difficult. Sadly I do not have so much time as I want to. Maybe I am worse volunteer developer you have in the community. But I do belive, I am still better then Mr. "no body". =D

All the best
Peter