When I use 4.2.0, running on Xubuntu 16.04.03, to open an existing .odt file I
get a small popup that informs me of "general error".  The file then opens
correctly; starting 4.2.0 in a terminal gives no diagnostic.  Opening Writer
from the start centre there is no such error message; I can generate a test
document, but when I save, again I get an error "Error saving the document Tom:
General Error".  However the file Tom.odt is actually saved (in spite of the
error message), and will reopen giving the above "general error" message,

Opening an existing simple spreadsheet - a short list of description and amount
- I get a Yellow exclamation mark and "Not all attributes could be read"; on
dismissing this, the sheet opens correctly.

 --
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>