Hi Dick,

On 12/10/20 8:27 AM, Dick Groskamp wrote:

On 2020/12/10 01:09:49, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Arrigo,

On 12/9/20 2:51 PM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
Hello,

trying a shot in the dark...

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 05:24:41PM -0000, Dick Groskamp wrote:

On 2020/12/09 11:34:03, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Dick,

I have copied it out and it's contents are below.

On 12/9/20 5:42 AM, Dick Groskamp wrote:
On 2020/12/08 18:56:25, Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org> wrote:
There are still hundreds of broken pages in the dev guide.
Yes it seems to be idls and ildm tags.
[...]
       function renderIDLM( $input, $args, $parser ) {
           $parser->disableCache();
           $output = $parser->recursiveTagParse( $input );
           $page = ereg_replace ('\.','/',$output);
           $anchor = ereg_replace (':','.html#',$page);
           $function = ereg_replace ('^.*:','',$page);
[...]
Thanks,
now I only have to figure out why it isn't working :-)
Could the culprit be the deprecated ereg_replace function, that was
removed since PHP 7.0.0?

Pointers:
https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ereg-replace.php
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3649574/replace-ereg-replace-with-preg-replace

HTH,
Thanks for the tip.

If I can get the redirect removed from the new mwiki VM I can try that.

Best regards,
Carl

Carl,  would it then make sense to stop changing the tags to hardcoded urls and
wait to see if replacing ereg_replace works?
If that should be a yes should I than revert the changes I have already made ?

I think Rigo has a point since we use PHP 7.0.33 on the wiki, which has
ereg_replace removed.
If it won't work I can always resume changing again.

I started down this road back in May [1] and soon discovered there are hundreds of affected pages in the dev guide alone.
If I thought we couldn't fix it I would say go ahead.

I found out at the same time a new VM was being provisioned for us with an updated OS so I have access to that machine to look into this. I ran into a roadblock in that the URL I should be able to see the test wiki is being redirected.

I've been occupied with other things in the meantime at let it slide but now that the subject has come up again it would be good to put it to rest one way or another. Last night I put in a ticket to have the redirect removed so I can see the results of any changes.

I can change that method call and see if that works once I can see the test wiki.
I'm hesitant to make the change live on our production instance however.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rda96615951628eb0fafc004a8f0aa1177559fd3b5d9c9f30ce9cebc9%40%3Cdev.openoffice.apache.org%3E

Best regards,
Carl