Am 10.04.21 um 20:34 schrieb Marcus:
Am 09.04.21 um 21:14 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 12:33:20AM +0200, Marcus wrote:

Am 05.04.21 um 04:33 schrieb Dean.Webber:
Much better.

I like better the fact that now it is a ``real'' link. The button
shape suggests that it's clickable, and something actually happens
when I click it.

But I find the popup a bit ``bulky''. I do not know enough of current
web design, unfortunately, but maybe a new browser window with address
bar and all the Apache header and footer is ``too much''. I would like

me, too. ;-(
Maybe Dave has an idea how to get this done.

Neverthelesss I'll try to change to the popup window tomorrow as it is definitely better than what we have now. More changes could be done later.

best to see the text appear below, like the light green frame with
installation instructions that pops out when an OS is selected.

As you can see in the popup windows the text is different between the platforms and they can change over the time.

When showing this in a (not that) little box depending on what is clicked or where the mouse is, I think it can be disturbing.
IMHO the focus on downloading the files is than left to some other stuff.

Maybe the popup window can change to a full window that is opened in a new tab?

Any chance to add install instructions for the Linux, not been around enough distros to know the difference between the various installs. Seems to be a barrier for some people to use AOO instead of the default office suite.

[...]

Would be helpful, since OpenOffice (does not seem to be or) is not the Software Center (on Linux Mint)

Having Linux repositories for the major distributions should be one of
our next goals IMHO. But this is off-topic here.

Right, please not here. ;-)

I hesitate to put it beside the other text. As it is a lot more, it's more
complex to get it localized.

But I would favor a link that points to a centralized webpage. Like it is
done with the "Java and Apache OpenOffice" link.

What about a Wiki page?

Yes, the install instructions could be a separate webpage or indeed somewhere is the Wiki where it can be linked to.

I've found this webpage (which was last updated on Nov 2018):

https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html

So, in general we have already the instructions. However, they could need an update. ;-)

Marcus