On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 16:46:58 +0000
Daniel Caputa <dac...@msn.com> wrote:

> Hello. My name is Daniel Caputa and  I’m having trouble with the spell
> checker and the language. I’m using windows 10. When I go to “auto spell
> check”, it shows everything I type with red squiggle lines under the words. I
> checked everything for the language and every other thing it told me to check
> but it still doesn’t work properly. One example is when I type the word “is”
> it comes up E1. If I try to use “auto spell check” a little red line comes up
> under each word. If I go to “spelling and grammar”, it highlights each word
> as the wrong spelling, even if they’re spelled correctly. I even went to
> “repair problems” which didn’t work.  I know my spell checker is working good
> on my other programs because as I have been typing this letter, it’s been
> correcting my spelling. Could you please instruct me as to what I could do to
> correct my problem??? I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks
> Dan!!

Start by renaming your OpenOffice user profile.

If you are using Windows close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes
called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a
good choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>