Hi All,

On 2/10/22 1:13 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
Hi Pedro,

Am 10.02.22 um 18:16 schrieb Pedro Lino:
Hi Matthias, all

On 02/10/2022 4:29 PM Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de> wrote:
I think Jim has Java 7 available, since we always built AOO41X with it.
Is there any reason for not updating to Java 8 which is still maintained?
Maybe we can let go of Java 7?

I'm I correct that Arrigo was only proving the build in this particular machine ans using Java 8 because that is what was available on that machine?

I don't think our official build for the 4.1 branch should change to Java 8.

I'm all for dumping Java 7 on 4.2 and would support at least Java 11 on trunk if possible because Java 8 is EOL now I believe.
But the Java for 4.2 and beyond is for another day.

We shouldn't switch the JAVA version within AOO41X without decent testing.

Or at all for the release build IMHO.

Of course it builds, but I remember some problems with JavaDoc?

I remember there was work done on Javadoc and it may have been from 6 to 7 but I'd have to research that.

Best regards,
Carl

Regards,

    Matthias