Hello all,

I am about to engage on building OpenOffice.org from source on my Mac
G4. I found this page which was posted quite recently:

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/build_680_X11.html#gpc

> Building OpenOffice.org 680 Milestones for DarwinPPC

I noticed that on this page, there appears to be a missing bullet point as in:

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/build_680_X11.html#add_software

>    * The perl module Archive::Zip
>    *
>    * Apache Ant
>    * gpc
>    * pkg-config
>    * gtk2 - optional - not needed

I am wondering if it is Ok to ignore the blank second bullet point or
is there something important that was accidentally omitted? I want to
be very thorough because my boss is counting on me to install OOo (and
build from source) on our Macs in our office so we can wave good bye
to Microsoft!

Also, I am trying to figure this out -- does the 680 build correspond
to Ooo 2.0? I have seen some references to version 1.9 as well. Is
there a recommended specific 680 snapshot that is considered stable
enough to download from and build? Or is it better to just build for
OOo 1.1.4 for Darwin?

I noticed something and I'm not sure if this is a bug in the HTML
documentation, but I was looking at the page for building the OOo
1.1.4 Source and Solver:

http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/source.html

On that page, if you click on the link in the bullet point labeled:

"Downloading and Building the Source"

It doesn't bring you to another page or to another location. For
example, try this:

http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/source.html#ondownloads

All in all, this is a tad bit confusing as to which build instructions
to follow for Darwin PPC / Mac OS X. Maybe the best thing right now to
do is to build the stable 1.1.4 for Darwin PPC. Maybe because of the
new Ooo.org web site, were some URLs lost in the process of updating
it? If anyone can clarify this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sergio