Ken Foskey wrote:

I want to write a proposal on implementing a replacement for CVS so I
have been spending some time learning about this stuff.

I asked at the Darcs mailing list (I didn't say I was "from OOo" or anything :) about its scalability. This is what they say:

a) Darcs scales very well for long history.
b) Darcs scales very BADLY for large source trees.
c) Darcs scales very BADLY for large patches.

I asked using the example of the Linux kernel (clever, eh?) and they said that some people have tried to import the Linux kernel into Darcs. And they've all failed miserably. Given that OOo's source code is twice as large... it looks like Darcs couldn't work for OOo.

Too bad, it's so cool. :-)

Maybe I'll talk to the Monotone people.

Cheers,
Daniel.