I am not sure how to say this, but with respect to SplitPane, I just drop it in and it works.

Basically, you can drop in a SplitPane. Then drop 2 more components (Try jpanel) Top, and Bottom. Next, run it and it just works. You can specify the direction of the SplitPane using the property window (verticle, horiz). There are other stuffs for you to play with too. If you have problem, just specify exactly the steps you take. Other than that, it's just couple clicks away from running. For the toolbar, you want to anchor into a JFrame for example, then the JFrame has to have BorderLayout. So, right click in the middle of it, and set layout to BorderLayout. Next, drop the tool bar into it. In the layout property, set it to Top. You can drop other stuffs into the tool bar. I think we go really far into Netbeans in the OOo mailing list here, so maybe you should subscribe to Netbeans instead.

David JD Bell wrote:

I have been trying to make a explorer-like space with two (Swing)JSplitPanes. I find them hard to edit in design mode, and the Fill property doesn't seem to do anything in run mode. Also had trouble anchoring at toolbar to top-left.

Do you know of any examples using JSplitPane?

Thanks. David

"Vy Ho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have worked with the Netbeans form designer for years and find it not too hard to digest.

Is there questions or things that you have? You may want to check the Netbeans.org website for newbie article. It should definitely help. Also, the Netbeans mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] should also help to. Maybe start out with:

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/form_getstart40.html

Good luck,

vh